Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Plein Air Painting Workshop

I took a plein air painting workshop this past weekend in Pennsylvania with local artist, Fred Kaplan. The class was offered through the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts.

Sadly, I have been out of things for over a month. Go figure, you set up plans for yourself to schedule time to paint and establish short-term and long-term goals only to be sidelined right from the get-go. With the end of the year fast approaching, my responsibilities at school sapped much of my energies and when you add the wifey and kids, well, I just didn't have much of anything left for my art.

So, I had high hopes for this painting workshop. I'll be posting photos and discussing what transpired in my next post.

What materials do you use?

I was originally trained with traditional oils. I moved on to alkyd oils because I liked the fact that they dried more quickly but still pro...